Here is a guide for you on GCB Savings account requirements. This guide will find out all that you will need to register a savings account at the Ghana Commercial Bank (GCB).
The history of this bank is something we can escape in this guide, as many know it is among the long-standing banks in Ghana.
It has beaches across all the various regions in Ghana, serving individuals with various banking services.
If you want to avoid going and coming back the next time to open an account with the bank, it is important to know the Ghana Commercial Bank savings account requirements.
The Ghana Commercial Bank savings account requirements are the documents and other information that guarantee you a savings account at any of their branches nationwide.
Kindly let’s find out what these are.
GCB Savings Account Requirements
Below are the requirements for a GCB Savings account in Ghana:
- Proof of identity with any of the following identification documents; passport, driver’s license, voter’s ID, Ghana card, or student ID( for students only)
- One (1) passport-size picture
- Tax Identification Number; for applicants who do not own a Ghana Card.
- Proof of residential and postal address with any of these; utility bill, tenancy agreement letter, or, Employer’s reference letter
- A minimum initial deposit of Gh¢ 80.00 to be maintained
GCB Savings Account Requirements For Student
Here are the Ghana Commercial Bank Savings account requirements for students:
- Proof of identity: Applicants can submit any of the following IDs to confirm their identity; student ID, passport, Ghana card, or voter’s ID.
- Two passport pictures
- Proof of residential
- Postal address
- Minimum opening amount of Gh¢ 80.00
Difference Between Savings And Joint Account
GCB savings and joint accounts are two closely related accounts regarding their functions.
With a Ghana Commercial Bank savings account, the account operation is with a single person, whereas the joint is between two individuals.
However, the only notable difference is in the number of signatories or owners of the account.
For inquiries, you can contact GCB Customer Service at 0202 111 177, 0264 270 236, 0277 758 114, or 0800 422 422 (Toll-free)
Or send them a message on WhatsApp at 0202 422 422
Here is where we will end on GCB Savings account requirements.
Here is the list of related guides:
First Bank, ADCB, Discover, ADB, Equicom, Dutch Bangla Bank, Kaya, ABSA, QNB, FICO Bank, NBD, OCBC, FAB, Fidelity Bank, J.N Bank, Nedbank, Sterling Bank, QCRB, Educom, Dukhan, GSAC, TD Bank, US Bank, UOB, Emirates NBD, PNB Kiddie, NCB, Bank of America, Maybank, DBP, CIBC, Robinsons, CBS, FNB, Allied, AUB, HSBC, Scotiabank, Ecobank.