As many have wanted to know what NCB Savings account requirements are, we have outlined this guide to provide them with all NCB requirements for National Commercial Bank (NCB) in Jamaica.
We all can agree that opening a bank account will require you to submit certain information from you that will serve the bank’s interest. This works in all financial institutions across the globe.
All interested in opening a savings account must meet the requirements before proceeding with registration. At NCB Jamaica, it is no different.
Kindly read The paragraph below to find out NCB Savings account requirements and other information essential to having a savings account at NCB, Jamaica.
NCB Savings Account Requirements
Below are the NCB Savings account requirements:
For Jamaican Residents:
1. Original and valid National ID: Driver’s License, National ID (Elector Registration Identification Card), Passport, Diplomatic ID, Employer ID, National Council for Senior Citizens Identification Card, or Taxpayer Registration Number (TRN) card if you don’t have a Driver’s License
2. Proof of Address: Utility bill, Postmarked envelope, Current credit card or bank statement, Driver’s License, or National ID.
3. Contact Details for two (2) Referees: Any two of these are accepted; NCB Manager, Minister of Religion, Justice of the Peace, Employer, Another Bank’s Manager, Lawyer, or Medical Doctor
4. Proof of Income or Employment: Provide any certified document that can affirm your employment status.
5. Taxpayer Registration Number (TRN) Card if you do not have a Driver’s License
6. Minimum initial deposit. Depending on the type of savings account you choose, there is a minimum opening amount ranging from J$ 1000 to J$ 50,000
For Foreign Nationals
- Proof of identity: You can submit any of these; Passport, US Passport Card, Resident Alien Card (USA) or any other accepted in other countries, Driver’s license issued by the country of the foreigner, State issued Non-Driver photo identification card issued by the Department of Motor Vehicle (the USA only)
- Proof of address
- Your Tax Identification Number (TIN)
- Contact information of two referees: Letter from applicant’s overseas bank, Lawyer, Solicitors, Barristers, Employer, Ministers of Religion, or General Practitioners.
- Minimum initial deposit
NCB Savings Account Requirements To Open Account Online
The NCB savings account online requirements are:
- Provide a valid identification document like National ID, Driver’s Licence, or Passport
- Taxpayer Registration Number(TRN)
- Proof of residence
- Official document of Income or Employment
- Complete the online account opening form
Use this link for the Remote Onboarding https://www.jncb.com/openaccountonline/#RegularSaves.
For Non Residents:
- Two valid identification documents
- An original copy of a birth certificate
- Recently took a passport size photograph.
- A copy of the Tax Identification Number (TIN)
- Proof of Address
- Provide Contact information of two referees
- Proof of Income or Employment
- Minimum Opening Deposit
Does Savings Account Earn Interest
Yes, a Savings account earns interest. The various savings accounts have an attached interest rate calculated daily, monthly, or per annum.
However, to yield an interest is a factor of the minimum balance to earn interest.
Once the account balance falls below the minimum account balance to get an interest, no interest is credited to the account. Kindly contact your bank to find out about its interest rates.
For more information on NCB Savings account requirements, kindly visit https://www.jncb.com/Personal/Banking/PersonalAccountRequirements.
This is all that we have for you on NCB Savings account requirements.
Here is the list of related guides:
First Bank, ADCB, Discover, ADB, Equicom, Dutch Bangla Bank, Kaya, ABSA, QNB, FICO Bank, NBD, OCBC, GCB, FAB, Fidelity Bank, J.N Bank, Nedbank, Sterling Bank, QCRB, Educom, Dukhan, GSAC, TD Bank, US Bank, UOB, Emirates NBD, PNB Kiddie, Bank of America, Maybank, DBP, CIBC, Robinsons, CBS, FNB, Allied, AUB, HSBC, Scotiabank, Ecobank.