Are you actually aware that you can apply for a short-term loan from FNB Bank? Yes, this is called FNB temporary loan. The temporary loan option works very well for FNB South Africa customers, and it is available to all.
You can apply for the temporary loan using the cellphone banking USSD code or any of the digital banking platforms and repay within thirty-one (31) days.
This service is available to FNB Easy Account and Cheque Account members.
See also: FNB eWallet PIN Guide.
How Does FNB Temporary Loan Work
Here is exactly how the FNB Temporary Loan works:
If you need a quick loan, but you do not want to wait several days or weeks before your loan application is granted, you can apply for the Temporary Loan through your Cheque or Easy Savings account.
FNB Bank will then give you the Temporary Loan within a few minutes.
You are given about one (1) month or 30 days to repay the loan.
That is basically how the Temporary Loan work in South Africa.
Read also: How To Register For Standard bank South Africa Internet Banking.
Requirements To Apply For The Loan
If you want to apply for the Temporary Loan, then here are the requirements you need:
- An existing FNB customer
- You must have either an FNB Cheque or Easy Account.
- Earn at least R3,000 monthly.
- You must be between the ages of eighteen (18) and sixty-three (63) years to qualify for the Temporary loan.
- Be a South African citizen.
- You should use any of the FNB South African digital banking services like cellphone banking for the application.
Those are the basic things you will need to register.
How To Apply For FNB temporary loan Using Cellphone Banking Code
If you want to apply for the Temporary loan using the cellphone banking USSD code, here are the basic and easy steps you need to follow:
1. Dial *120*321# on your phone
2. Make sure you use the same number you registered your FNB account with.
3. Follow the prompt on the screen and apply for the FNB Temporary loan via the cellphone banking USSD code.
4. After dialing the temporary loan USSD code, enter your FNB Cellphone banking PIN.
5. Select the “Get a Loan” from the main menu.
6. After that, choose the “Temporary Loan” option.
7. Carefully read the rules governing the loan application.
8. Click on “Continue“.
9. You need to accept spousal consent.
10. Make sure you have read the loan “Terms and conditions”.
11. Because you are applying for the first time, you need to select “Accept Offer“.
12. For those who want to change the loan amount, choose “Change Amount“.
13. When that is done, enter the loan amount you need.
14. Complete the temporary loan application by selecting “Confirm“.
15. Just after that, the success screen will appear on the screen.
16. When everything is complete with the application, you will receive a message that your FNB Temporary loan application is successful.
Those are the simple and easy steps you need to follow to apply for FNB Temporary Loan using the Cellphone banking USSD code.
How To Apply For Temporary Loan Via Online Banking
Apart from using the FNB Cellphone Banking to secure the loan, you can also use your internet banking account.
If you want to obtain the temporary loan via your online banking account, follow the steps below:
- Go to the main website here, https://fnb.co.za.
- Log in to your internet banking account.
- Select the “Loans” tab.
- After that, select “Get Temp Loan Now“.
- Read the rules.
- Choose “Accept” for spousal consent.
- You need to read and accept the Temporary Loan terms and conditions.
- For those applying for a new loan, select “Accept offer“.
- If you want to change your loan amount, choose “Change Amount“.
- Enter the amount you need.
- Also, select “Take Up loan“.
- Finally, confirm the loan application via your online banking account.
Those are the steps for online banking users.
Check this: Nedbank South Africa Internet Banking.
How To Apply For Temporary Loan On FNB App
The process of applying for an FNB South Africa loan on the app is very straightforward. If you want to use the FNB app to apply for a loan, then you need to follow the basic steps below:
- Open the FNB app to apply for the loan.
- Login with your Username and Password.
- Go to the account section.
- Select the My Bank Accounts tab.
- Select either Cheque or Smart Account for the loan.
- After that, you need to select the Take Up A Temporary Loan button.
- Select YES and continue.
- Accept the terms and conditions.
- Click on the menu and choose the account you want the loan amount transferred into.
- Accept the offer and click on the submit button.
- Finally, confirm your details and complete the loan application.
That is how to apply for the FNB temporary loan on the app.
How To Get A Loan At The FNB Branch
You can also go to the nearest FNB branch in South Africa and apply for the Temporary Loan.
All you need to do is go to the banking hall with all the information about your FNB bank account.
Please note that you don’t need any special requirements for the loan.
The FNB customer care at the banking hall will help you to secure a temporary loan.
What You Need To Do If You Have Complaints
There are some people who still have challenges with the service.
In most cases, you can get help by following this guide.
You can also visit the main FNB website for any information you need.
For FNB Temporary Loan complaints, call this number 086 036 2002. That is the contact number you can use for any assistance you may need.
See this: TelOne Self-Service Guide.
FNB Loan Repayment
According to the policy, repayments for the temporary loan are made within thirty-one (31) days. This is the period that does not attract any interest or penalties.
However, if the repayment is done after 31 days, it will attract the appropriate interest rate or penalties.
All deposits you make into your FNB account after taking the loan will automatically be used for the repayment until all outstanding arrears are paid.
You will also get regular SMS or calls alerting you to pay any amount you owe.
Why Does FNB Temporary Loan Not Available
The temporary loan service is only available to FNB South Africa customers.
If you see a message indicating that the service is not available, you have to take note of certain things.
You must endure that you are using the FNB Easy Account and Cheque Account for the temporary loan.
Also, this service is only available to South Africans with the FNB Bank account.
Here is the list of our latest guides:
FNB Ghana Internet Banking, Namibia Online Banking, Bank Your Change, Budget Facility, Tax-Free Shares, Business Loan Work, Check Loan Status, Travel Insurance, FNB Will, Entertainment App, Tax-Free Investment, Money Maximizer, FNB App, Share Builder, Stokvel Savings Account, ATM Deposit, Gold Cheque Account, Call Account, Qualify For Student Account, Cancel south Africa Student Account, Open Student Account, Qualify For Cheque Account, How Student Account Work, How Rewards Work, Readvance, QR Code, Quick Cell, Funeral Plan, Pay To Cell, Payment Break, Scan To Pay, Vouchers, Internet Banking, Temporary Loan, Black Card, Geo Payment, FNB MoneyGram.