Do you want to open a bank account with CBG Ghana? If Yes, then this Bank guide will provide you with all you need to know on this subject. In this guide, you will be provided with how to open a bank account at any Consolidated Bank branch in Ghana.
CBG Ghana has two (2) account groups, and these are personal accounts and corporate accounts.
CBG personal accounts are accounts that bear the signature of one individual, while corporate accounts have signatures of more than one individual.
These could be businesses, Churches, and other organizations.
CBG operates one hundred and fourteen branches in thirteen out of the sixteen regions in Ghana. Hence finding a branch to register an account always comes with ease.
CBG bank account is available for Ghanaian citizens and non-citizens; however, for Non-Ghanaian citizens, you will need to provide some extra documents to open your account.
With their wide range of bank accounts, there is always an account available for everyone at Consolidated Bank of Ghana.
Requirements To Open Consolidated Bank Of Ghana Account In Ghana
The following are what you will need to open an account at CBG Ghana:
1.A valid National ID card (Voter ID, Ghana card, Passport, or Driver’s License )
2. A student ID (If you are a student without any of the national IDs)
3. Proof of residential and postal address
5. Fully completed account opening form
6. Work permit ( For Foreign nationals )
7. Initial Cash Deposit
The above-listed things are the general requirements for any personal account at CBG.
However, there may be extra requirements depending on the type of account.
Who Qualifies To Open Consolidated Bank of Ghana Account In Ghana
To qualify for a CBG account in Ghana, you need to meet the following:
1. Should be 18 years or over
2. Minors will have to be signed up by their guardians and charge ownership when the time is due.
3. Should be Ghanaian ( Non-Ghanaians are registered to proof of work permit or residence)
Ways To Open Consolidated Bank Account In Ghana
Consolidated Bank of Ghana has more than one avenue through which you can register for a bank account with them. Below are the simplest ways through which you can open a CBG bank account in Ghana:
- By using their online portal
- Visit any of their branches nationwide.
How Do I Open Consolidated Bank of Ghana Account In Ghana
Below are the steps to open a CBG bank account in Ghana:
1. Visit any of their branches near you
2. Request to see the customer service Support unit from any CBG staff
3. Make known your intention of opening an account known to the customer care agent.
4. The account opening form will be given to you to fill.
5. Provide the appropriate information to spaces designated for you
6. Submit the form to the customer care rep
7. Make payment for the initial minimum deposit. This amount varies depending on the account type.
How Do I Open Consolidated Bank of Ghana Account Online
Follow the steps below to open a CBG account online:
1. Turn on your smartphone, mobile data/ laptops internet connection
2. Open the web browser
3. Type in the URL space www.cbg.com.gh and search
4. This will open the official page of the Consolidated Bank of Ghana.
5. Navigate down the home page and click open an account
6. This will open a new window ( which is CBG smart account opening form )
7. Provide the appropriate information in the spaces provided
8. Click on submit
9. An agent from CBG will call you and continue the rest of the process with you.
Requirements To Open Corporate Account At Consolidated Bank of Ghana
Below are the requirements to open a corporate account at CBG in Ghana:
- Filled account opening form
- Specimen signature
- Certificate to commerce business and certificate of incorporation
- TIN registration number
- Two passport-sized photograph
- Proof of identity of all signatories and directors
- Proof of address of all signatories and directors
- Two completed satisfactory reference forms.
- Copy of audited financial statement
- Resident permit for Non-Ghanaians
Minimum Initial Deposit To Open Consolidated Bank of Ghana Account In Ghana
Depending on the account type, the initial deposit may vary. The minimum amount for an opening personal account is GHS20.00s
The minimum amount for opening a corporate account is GHS200.00.
Can I Open CBG Account For My Kid
Yes, at Consolidated Bank Ghana, minors are not left out in account creation. You can walk into any of CBG branches nationwide and request to open a minor account for your child.
With the minor account, the guardian serves the undertaker of the account, and when the kid is of age, a change of ownership is done to their name.
Read the related Consolidated Bank articles below:
Ownership, How To Contact CBG, List Of Banks, Unibank, Saturdays, Consolidated Code, Treasury Bill, Internet Banking Registration, International, Current Interest Rate, USSD Code, Interest Rate, Launch Date, How Many Banks, BIC Code, Internet Banking, Short Code, Transfer From Other Banks, Withdraw Money, Formation Date.