As a student, it is important to have a bank account. Besides, it is one of the requirements if you apply for a HELB loan if you are not a self-sponsored student. This guide focuses on how to open a KCB student account in Kenya.
KCB Bank is among the banks to consider opening an account with.
In this article, I will enlighten you on how to open a KCB student account.
KCB student account comes with several benefits, such as applying for a debit card, which then can be used to withdraw money from KCB Mtaani agent or ATM.
You can also register for online banking or mobile banking.
KCB Bank is incensed and regulated by Kenya’s central bank; thus, you can be assured of opening the account with the bank, you are safe.
You are entitled to operate your student account any time you would like with no restriction, whether a deposit or withdrawal of the money.
It is not good to keep cash while at school you can keep it on your KCB student account and withdraw when you need it.
Putting your money in a bank account helps you also manage it efficiently.
KCB Student Account Requirements
You have to meet certain requirements as laid down by the KCB bank to open a student account.
These requirements include for applying for KCB student account in Kenya include the following:
- Your latest two colored Passport sized pictures.
- Original and Photocopy of National ID card or Passport picture.
- Original and Photocopy of Student ID card or a letter of introduction from your school.
- If you are not Kenyan, you’ll need to present an Alien Certificate of Registration.
Those are some of the requirements if you want to open KCB student account in Kenya.
Benefits Of Opening Student Account In Kenya
There are several features and benefits of opening an account with KCB bank.
These features and benefits of the student account include the following:
1. You need at least Ksh. 100 to open the account or otherwise also called the operating balance.
2. There are no monthly services or maintenance charges.
3. You can apply for the ATM card at Ksh 400
4. There are no restrictions on the number of deposits and withdrawals.
5. You can access the KCB Internet banking and Mobile banking services.
6. Your HELB loan will be deposited into this account.
7. Deposit your savings, or the parent can deposit for you the upkeep money in this account.
8. Your money is safe and secure.
9. Access the money whenever you need
10. Get one free banker’s cheque every school term.
How To Open A KCB Bank Student Account
If you have all the requirements, you can visit the nearest KCB bank branch to open the account.
You’ll be guided on how to open the account and what you need to attach.
You will have the bank operating by the time you leave the bank.
That is all we have for you in today’s KCB guide.
That is all you need to know about how to create a KCB student account in Kenya.
Here is the list of our KCB articles:
Fixed Deposit, Mobi Loan, Careers, Cub Account, Forex Exchange, Types of Accounts, Activate Mobile Banking, Mpesa Loan, Savings Account, Tuungane Chama Account, Apply for Credit Cards, KCB Opening Hours, KCB Mpesa Interest Rate, Diaspora Banking, Salary Advance, Paybill Number, Savings Interest Rate, Business Account, Prepaid Master Card.
What time do you open