Have you ever used the GCB mobile banking code for money transfer? Do you know how to use it or you are facing challenges with using the USSD code.
Don’t worry. I am here to teach you everything you need to know about the Ghana Commercial bank mobile banking transfer code.
GCB has introduced the mobile banking system to enable its customers to make transactions and manage their bank account right from their phones.
Ghana Commercial bank is giving you financial control right on your fingertips wherever and whenever on a 24/7 basis.
Jump to the section of your interest using the table of contents below:
Read also: BNZ Internet Banking Guide.
What Is The Shortcode For The Ghana Commercial Bank Mobile Banking?
For those who are new to the platform, the GCB mobile banking code is *422#.
That is the USSD code used by GCB customers to make money transfers on their phones.
With the intervention of technology, you do not need to join the long queue to access your funds.
You can use the GCB USSD code *422# on your phone for all your transactions.
With the GCB mobile banking platform, you have unlimited access to your financial information. Meaning, you can track the statement of your GCB account in real-time.
Read also: How To Register And Activate FCMB Transfer Code.
How Can I Use The GCB Mobile Banking
Here is how you can use the GCB mobile banking system.
Before you can use the Ghana Commercial Bank mobile banking system, you need to have an active GCB bank account and valid registered mobile number.
After that, you need to link your bank account to your phone number.
This will enable you to make transactions either from your phone to your GCB bank account or from your bank account to your phone.
Recommended reading: HSBC Mauritius Online Banking Guide.
How Do I Register For GCB Mobile Banking?
Before you can use this service, you need to first signup. But how do you register for the Ghana Commercial Bank mobile banking?
That is very simple.
You will register for the service while you are creating the bank account. However, if you opened the bank account without registering for the mobile banking service, then you need to visit the GCB bank. Ask the personnel at the Commercial bank office to sign you up for the mobile banking service.
The customer service personnel will take your details and register you for the mobile banking service.
Next, you need to dial *422# on your phone.
A screen with a dialogue box will appear.
The options available when you dial *422# are 1) GCB Mobile Banking and 2) G-Money.
Select option one (1) and click SEND.
Enter your GCB bank account number and press send.
Follow the prompt on the screen to complete the registration process.
You have successfully registered and activated your GCB mobile banking account.
Check out this guide: FNB Namibia Online Banking Guide.
How To Activate GCB Mobile Banking Code
After you have successfully registered for the GCB mobile money shortcode *422#, you need to activate the service.
The option above is for the registration and you can go ahead and activate the system using the USSD code.
If you have registered but you have not used the shortcode before, then you need to activate it.
The activation process is straightforward. Here is how to activate the GCB mobile banking code:
- Dial *422# on your phone.
- Select GCB Mobile Banking.
- Enter your bank account number.
Continue using the Ghana Commercial Banking mobile money shortcode for sending and receiving money.
Read this too: How To Register And Use MCB Online Banking Account.
How To Check Your Account Balance Using The GCB USSD Code
To check your account balance, you need to dial the USSD code *422# and press send.
Enter your mobile banking password.
Select your wallet.
Choose the checking account balance option.
What Can You Do With The GCB Mobile Banking Service?
Here are some of the interesting things you can do with your GCB mobile banking platform:
- You can check the statement of your last five (5) transactions.
- Mobile banking allows you to make balance inquiries. You will have access to your account balance anytime you
- You can change your current PIN to a new one.
- With the GCB USSD code *422#, you can top up airtime on your phone or to another person.
- Another exciting thing we can do with the mobile banking service is the payment of bills. These include utilities such as DSTV, TV license, GoTV, Startimes subscriptions.
- You can transfer money from your GCB account to another right on your mobile phone.
- One of the easiest and safest things to do is sending and receiving the money to or from your GCB bank account.
- The Ghana Commercial Bank USSD code also allows you to pay fees securely and conveniently on your phone.
How To Access Your Existing SMS Banking
You can access your existing SMS banking details by following the following guide:
- Dial the USSD code *422# on the phone number you used for the registration. This code works on all networks.
- Next, provide your GCB bank account number and press send.
- If you know your GCB account PIN, then choose option one (1).
- If, for any reason, you do not remember your PIN, then select option two (2).
- You will receive a PIN on your phone.
- Please enter the digits precisely as you received it and press SEND.
- Enter a new PIN that you want to use for the GCB mobile banking service.
- Press send to continue.
- To access all your transaction details, dial *422# and click SEND.
How To Transfer Money From GCB Account To Mobile Money Wallet And Vice Vesa
The GCB USSD banking code allows you to transfer money either to your mobile money wallet or to your bank account.
To transfer funds from your bank account to your mobile money wallet;
- Dial *422# on your phone
- Select option one (1). Meaning you are transferring money from your bank account to the mobile money wallet.
- Next, enter your bank account number.
- Enter the amount of money exactly as you want to send to your mobile money wallet.
- Finally, enter your PIN and press the SEND button.
You have successfully transferred money from your GCB bank account to your mobile banking wallet.
How To Transfer Money From Your Mobile Wallet To Your GCB Bank Account.
Like you saw in the previous section, you can also send money from your mobile money wallet to your GCB bank account.
- To do this, select the second option.
- Next, enter your bank number.
- Enter the money you wish to transfer from your mobile wallet to your bank account.
- After you confirm that all the details are correct, enter your PIN.
- Press SEND you to send the money to your GCB bank account.
This easy and simple Banking and Finance Guide Was Last Updated on 20th June 2020 by thetransfercode
Please you must visit this guide “https://thetransfercode.com/gcb-mobile-banking-code/” peroidically for updates and any changes that we may make to this guide. In this month of April 2021, we have a lot of articles on banking and finance for you. Read more.
In the year 2021, we bring you the best of banking and money transfer experience. Just stay tuned for more articles. You can come back for more banking anf financial guides.
Here is the list of our latest guides, check them:
- How To Get Access Bank Token – Follow These Steps For Access Nigeria Token
- Wells Fargo Alabama Routing Number For Money Transfer [Official]
- UBA Sort Code For Lagos State – Find List Of UBA Bank Sort Codes For Lagos
- How To Use Access Bank Token – Simple Steps To Use Your Token
- Access Bank Nigeria Email Address – Contact Access Bank Via Email
- Access Bank Token PIN Guide – How To Get & Use Token PIN
- Access Bank Nigeria Head Office Contact Number – Contact Main Headquarters
- Access Bank Nigeria Head Office Sort Code – Check Out Access Bank Nigeria Head Office Sort Code
- Access Bank Nigeria Head Office Address – Locate Access Bank Nigeria Headquarters
- Access Bank Nigeria Sort Codes – Complete List Of All Access Bank Nigeria Sort Codes