If you live or work abroad (outside Kenya), you can still have a bank account back at home by opening Equity Bank Diaspora account. Equity bank has made this possible through its Diaspora bank account.
This article will share how to open an Equity bank diaspora account and the requirements needed.
Table of Contents
What is an Equity Bank Diaspora account?
Equity diaspora account is among the Equity bank accounts, but this is meant for people living outside Kenya borders.
With the account, your bank globally, no matter where you are.
Equity bank prompts you to choose the currency of the account, either Kenyan shilling or foreign currencies.
If you choose Kenyan shilling, then you can open either of these diaspora accounts.
- Diaspora Easy save
- Jijenge member account
- Junior member account
- Call/Fixed account
- Diaspora current account
- Diaspora business account
- Diaspora’s current business account.
Equity Diaspora Forex Accounts
On the other hand, if you choose the foreign currency, here are the accounts options available to open;
- Diaspora Personal Forex account
- Diaspora current Forex account
- Diaspora business Forex account
- Diaspora business Forex account.
How to open an Equity Bank Diaspora account
After determining the account to open, here are the ways to open an Equity Bank Diaspora account:
1. Open via email or post
You can open an Equity Bank Diaspora account when you’re still living abroad via email. The requirements include;
1. Passport size photo Passport copy
2. Utility bill (to verify your location)
3. A duly filled and signed indemnity form
If you have all the requirements, here are steps to follow and open the account via email;
4. Click on the particular account you want to visit online.
5. Download the registration form
6. Fill in all the required fields.
7. Scan the form
8. Send the form to Equity bank through the email address at email@example.com.
9. You can send the filled form via post office using the postal address; Diaspora banking unit, Equity Bank Limited-
Head Office, Equity Centre, fifth Floor, Hospital Road Upper Hill.
Post Office Box 75104-00200, Nairobi. KENYA.
2. Open Equity diaspora account Via the online portal
You can also open an Equity bank diaspora account on the online portal.
It is a quick and efficient way as you don’t have to waste time visiting the bank.
You also need to have all the necessary documents scanned and stored in a flash disk on your phone or computer.
The documents to scan include the following:
· Passport size photo Scanned Kenyan.
· An identification card or valid passport
· Utility bill documents like Electricity bill or driving license
· Download signature card and sign it, then scan
These documents need to be in Bmp, jpg, or png format.
Now, to open the account, here are the steps to follow:
1. Visit the equity bank website.
2. Click on Open an Equity Bank account now.
3. Register your profile
4. After entering all the necessary details, you will receive a login code on the email you used in the registration.
5. Use the code to activate the profile and, after entering the code, you can now open the account.
6. Follow all the prompts.
That is how to open Equity Bank Diaspora account in Kenya.