Are you interested to know about the Absa new account in South Africa? Check out this guide.
Absa gives you more than you bargained for through the incredible services and the new bank accounts.
First, we will show you the primary requirements to apply for the Absa new account.
Requirements For Absa New Account
Below are the basic essential requirements to qualify for the new account:
- You need a valid South African ID or smart card or a valid passport for the foreigners
- You should provide a utility bill showing your current residence
Other requirements differ with the type of account you want to open.
These are the primary requirements to open an Absa new account in South Africa.
We will now show you how the account works.
Absa New Account
With the new accounts, you have access to Absa digital banking through online banking and mobile phone app.
You can now make bank transactions and manage your account at the comfort of your home.
All you need is data bundles to log in to your online banking or the Absa mobile app.
You can as well open a new account through internet banking.
Internet banking is more secure, fast, and reliable than visiting an Absa branch to do transactions.
Monthly service fees apply in some accounts, whereas others are free.
When you enroll in the Absa rewards program, you stand to get cashback for swiping your card at the selected partner merchants.
This is how the new account works in South Africa.
Now that you understand how the account works, we will show you how you can open a new account through the Absa mobile app.
How To Open An Account
To open a new Absa account, please follow the following steps:
- Download the Absa app from the play store or apple store
- Install the app and open the home screen
- Choose an account you would like to open
- Fill in your details, including your full name, ID number, email address, and mobile number
- After that, Absa will verify your phone number for security
- Take a selfie for facial matching with the department of home affairs to confirm your identity
- Next, fill in your residential address
- Now, fill in your occupation and the income
- Finally, click on apply
You will get a confirmation message from Absa notifying you of the account you just created.
This is how you open a new account in South Africa.
Here is the list of other great and recommended guides:
New Business Loan, Money Builder Account, Multiplan, Money Market, Online Loan, Payday Loan, Pension Backed Loan, Notice Deposit, New Business Account, Non-Resident Account, Private Banking, Gold Value Bundle, Transact Account, Savings Account, Overdraft Cheque, Student Account, Additional Credit Card, Affinity Card, Prestige Account, Premium Account, Private Wealth, Visa Signature Card, Absa Stikvel Account.