The scope of this guide will circumference the Zenith Bank Savings account requirements.
Hence, for the many who want to know what documents they will need to have a savings account at Zenith Bank in Ghana, this guide will serve you right.
Although multinational banks are managed on a large scale by a single vision and dream, they have some specific details that they consider in operating in these countries.
The requirements for having a savings account in Nigeria may be similar to that in Ghana.
However, there will always be minute distinctions per the banking regulations of these nations.
The Zenith Bank in Ghana operates various types of savings accounts which are available to all citizens, provided you meet the eligibility mark or requirements.
This is why this guide has set out to outline all the Zenith Bank savings account requirements to help you if you are looking at getting one.
Now let’s proceed to what the Zenith Bank savings account requirements are in Ghana.
Table of Contents
Zenith Bank Savings Account Requirements
The following are the requirements for a Zenith Bank savings account:
- Proof of identity: the bank requires you to submit a valid copy of any of the following as proof of identity; Ghana Card (ECOWAS Card), Voter’s ID, Passport, or SSNIT card
- Proof of residential address: residents can present a recently issued utility bill of their home (shouldn’t be older than six months). In some cases, your digital address may also be requested.
- Residence permit and non-citizen card for foreign nationals
- Postal address
- Two (2) passport size pictures, with your name and signature on the back
- Tax Identification Number (TIN) Certificate
- Proof of Employment, with your Employment Introductory letter
- Minimum initial deposit. No minimum opening balance is required. However, you are mandated to deposit once you open the account.
- Complete the account opening form
For Students (Zenith Aspire Account)
- A valid student ID and Admission letter. If your admission letter is not available, then you will require an officially signed letter from the school authority that proves that you are a member of the institution.
- Two (2) passport size photographs are signed at the back.
- Fill out the account application form.
- A recognized national ID together and an admission letter can be presented when you have no student ID.
For Kids (ZECA and ZECA Plus)
- A valid national ID and TIN certificate of parent or guardian
- Two (2) passport pictures each of the kid and parent/guardian
- A residence permit and non-citizen card (for foreigners)
- Recently issued utility bill (must not be older than six months)
- Minimum initial deposit: Gh¢ 100.00 and Gh¢ 500.00 for ZECA and ZECA Plus, respectively
Who To Contact For Help With The Zenith Bank Savings Account Requirements
The Zenith Direct Customer Contact Centre
is the right place to contact should you require any help with the requirements for having a savings account.
You can reach them via any of the contact avenues below:
Tel: (+233) 302 429700, (+233) 302 611500, (+233) 302 680884, (+233) 542 000111, 0800 10100 (Toll-Free, Vodafone Only)
Savings Account Minimum Balance
The Zenith Bank operates diverse savings accounts with different minimum balances. Kindly refer below to know the minimum balance that applies to you:
The Savings account has no minimum balance requirement, as well as no monthly charges.
The Zenith Diaspora account is assigned a minimum balance of Gh¢ 500.00
There is a minimum balance requirement of Gh¢ 10.00 for the Zenith Children’s Account (ZECA) and Gh¢ 50.00 for the ZECA Plus.
Zenith Aspire Account (for tertiary students) has no minimum balance requirement.
For any inquiries about the Zenith Bank savings account requirements in Ghana, kindly reach them at (+233) 302 429700 or (+233) 542 000111.
This is all we have for you.