Are you seeking how you can open an account with Ghana Commercial Bank? You have come to the right place.
The introduction of banks into our world system has a way of regulating everything that has got to do with finances has been of immense help to humanity.
Almost the average Ghanaian above the age permitted by law as an adult has a bank account. If you consider opening an account in Ghana with Ghana Commercial Bank, this guide is all you will need.
This GCB guide will explain how you can open an account with Ghana Commercial Bank if you consider opening one or want to open some.
Ghana Commercial Bank is among the pioneers of banking in Ghana. With this advantage of experience and effectiveness throughout the years, it is among the leading names for banking in Ghana.
No wonder this ability conferred upon GCB to be named the first two hundred (200) companies in Africa.
Let’s follow the next paragraphs to know how you can open an account with GCB.
Requirements To Open An Account In Ghana Commercial Bank
The Ghana Commercial Bank account opening is an opportunity for everyone who is a citizen of Ghana, including foreigners with work permits in Ghana.
For you to open a GCB account in Ghana, the following are required:
1. Two passport-sized pictures
2. Valid National ID card(any of these will do, Voter ID, Driver’s license, Ghana card, Passport)
3. Proof of residential and postal address (you can use any of these, utility bill or tenancy agreement letter)
4. An amount of money to serve as an initial deposit
You should know that Ghana Commercial Bank operates many account types, so depending on the type of account you are requesting to open, you will need to provide additional information other than the ones listed above.
The above-listed ones are general requirements for opening an account in Ghana Commercial Bank.
How Can I Open An Account In Ghana Commercial Bank
As of now, there are two avenues through which new customers of GCB bank can open an account in Ghana. These are :
1. Via Online
2. By visiting any GCB branch nationwide
For this guide, we shall discuss the most patronized one by visiting a GCB branch near you.
How To Open An Account In Ghana Commercial Bank By Visiting GCB Bank
The guidelines below will help you open an account with GCB bank by visiting any of their branches nationwide:
1. Request to consult the customer care department when you visit any of their branches.
2. Make your intention of opening an account know the customer service rep.
3. The requirements needed to make it possible will be spelled out to you
4. The account opening form will be given to you.
5. Provide all requisite information on the form, and if you do not understand something, kindly draw the attention of the customer service rep
6. Upon completing the account opening form, submit it to the rep to be reviewed and entered into the GCB network.
7. Your account number will be sent to you via email or instantly to make an initial deposit to activate the account easily.
As a new Ghana Commercial Bank customer, request to sign up into the GCB mobile banking and internet banking so that you can make financial transactions and operations quickly in your comfort.