You’ll find this article useful if you are looking for how to add a bank account to GST, about GST, and add a bank account to GST.
We have entailed step by step guide to follow and learn to add a bank to GST in a simplified manner.
Hence read this article to the end to be informed.
The term “Goods & Services Tax” (abbreviated as “GST”) is a multi-step tax structure that is imposed on the provision of goods and services.
This taxation system’s primary purpose is to stop further indirect taxes from accumulating in a cascade.
A tax levied on tangible commodities and intangible services are known as the Goods and Services Tax (GST).
The Goods and Services Tax (GST) is an indirect tax that was introduced in India to replace several other indirect taxes. These taxes include the value-added tax (VAT), the service tax, and the excise duty.
On March 29, 2017, the Goods and Services Tax Act was passed, and it became effective on July 1, 2017.
How To Add Bank Account To GST
You can learn how to add a bank account to GST by following the below steps:
- Sign in to the GST taxpayer portal.
- Navigate to the ‘Services’ menu option.
- Click on the ‘Registration’ menu item.
- Navigate to the ‘Amendment of Registration Non-Core Fields’ tab.
- Click on the ‘Save’ button. Choose the tab labeled “Bank Accounts.”
- Include the specifics of the bank account, including the account number, IFSC code, address, and type of bank account.
- Choose the authorized signatory from the drop-down menu under the verification tab, and then input a place.
- Put your signature on the application using DSC, E-sign, or EVC.
When the Bank Account update is done, the screen will show a message saying it was successful, and an email and text message will be sent to the registered email address and mobile phone number.
How To Change Bank Account Details On GST Portal
The taxpayer’s bank information is considered a Non-Core Field, and it can be edited through the taxpayer’s account on the GST Portal.
Below are steps to follow and change bank account details on the GST portal:
- Login GST Portal
- Select the Services option.
- Navigate to the Registration tab.
- Navigate to the page titled Amendment of Registration Non-Core Fields and click on it.
- Navigate to the tab titled Bank Accounts
- Navigate to the verification tab, choose an authorized signature, and provide a location.
- Put your signature on the application using either a DSC or an E-sign.
That is all on how to add a bank to GST.