If you have Assupol on-call included in your premium, it is critical that you are aware of the benefits you can receive when filing a claim. In this blog post, I’ll go through all of the advantages of having Assupol on call with you in great detail.
A number of benefits are offered upon the death of the life insured, and some of these benefits are only available when a claim for the funeral benefit has been authorized.
Once the Assupol On-Call benefit is activated, all additional perks are made available to you.
Outsourced service providers are in charge of providing these services. A service is only offered as a benefit under your policy if provided by the company providing it.
Assupol On-call Benefits
The following are Assupol on-call benefits enjoyed by everyone who has Assupol on-call benefits included in the cover:
When a life insured dies
When the policyholder dies and the cover has Assupol on-call benefit, here are benefits to enjoy;
- The deceased body is carried to the place of burial. The transport expenses will be covered as a result but should be a maximum of R20 000 if it is more than 100 km from where he or she died.
- Transport of up to 4 family members to the funeral and distance from the deceased’s place should be more than 50km from home town. The expenses issued for this expense are up to R100 per family member. If the distance is more than 150 km from the home town, the covered expenses amount to R500 per family member.
- Other benefits of Assupol on call when a life insured dies include telephone calls to offer general information and guidance, general information and legal aspects, and instant Discounts.
While a life insured lives
When the policyholder is alive, he or she can enjoy several benefits. These benefits are;
- Mobile phone call in case of medical emergency for assistance
- Ambulance transport cost to the nearest hospital
- Transport expenses of stranded dependents
- Cover the hospital admission fee up to R10 000 per life insured per year
- A mobile phone call to inform progress while in hospital
- Transport expenses of one visitor to hospital after five days in hospital up to R2 000
- Transport to a hospital near home if patient hospitalized more than 100 km from home and has to stay in hospital five or more days
- A mobile phone call about medical matters
If the policyholder needs HIV/AIDS support, here are benefits can enjoy;
- Counseling, referral to the clinic by telephone
- Morning-after pill to prevent pregnancy
- Anti-retroviral medication
- Medication to prevent sexually-transmitted infections
- Trauma counseling by telephone
- Tutor assistance to children by telephone or email
- Information about financial matters by telephone