Most South Africans know how Absa cellphone banking work. Read through this guide if you are among the few who do not know.
To have a better understanding of mobile banking, we will start by showing you the requirements to use the service.
Table of Contents
What You Need
Below are the most essential things you need:
- A tablet or a smartphone to facilitate your banking activities.
- You have to be connected to an active internet access.
- Your account has to be active.
- Recipient’s name and phone number.
These are the basic requirements to use Absa cellphone banking in South Africa.
Now that you know the requirements, we will show you exactly how Absa cellphone banking works.
How Does Absa Cellphone Banking Work
You can make money transfers in and outside South Africa from any phone by just calling the Absa USSD.
The Absa USSD code in south Africa is *120*2272#.
Dial the Absa cellphone banking code *120*2272# and enter your 5-digit PIN to display the menu.
You do not need airtime to use Absa cellphone banking.
With Absa cellphone banking, you can make payments, purchase prepaid electricity, manage your accounts or redeem your awards.
For example, if you want to make payments, you can select the send money option and enter the recipient’s details.
After that, select the actual amount you wish to transfer and tap the send button.
You should share the -digit code with your recipient to enable them to withdraw from any Absa ATM.
This is how Absa cellphone banking works in South Africa.
With the understanding of how the service works, we will go ahead and show you how to register for the same.
How To Register For Absa Cellphone Banking In South Africa
Follow the steps below to register:
- To register, you first have to add the number *120*2272# to your contact list
- Next, dial the number and select 1 to register
- Next, select 1 to accept the terms and conditions
- After that, enter your South African ID or passport number and tap send
- Next, enter your 5-digit PIN and press Send.
- A confirmation message (SMS) will shortly be sent to you.
This is how you register for the service.
How To Reset Your Mobile Banking PIN
We will now show you how to reset your PIN if you forget or expose it to security threats.
Follow the steps below to resent your Absa cellphone banking PIN:
- First dial *120*2272# and enter the last 5digit PIN you remember.
- Next, select option one, which reads Reset PIN.
- After that, enter your ID/Passport number and tap send
- Next, enter your new 5-digit PIN and tap send
- You will receive a notification (SMS) that you have reset your PIN
This is how you reset PIN in cellphone banking in South Africa.
That is how Absa cellphone banking work in South Africa.
Below are the recommended articles you must read:
How Rewards Work, Gold Credit Card Work, Notice Deposit Work, Garage Card Work, WhatsApp Banking Work, Student Credit Card Work, Online Banking Work, Funeral Cover Work, Fixed Account Work, Flexi Bond, How Absa Bank Work, Absa Overdraft, Absa Ewallet, How Money Builder Work, Access Bond, Vehicle Finance, How EFT Work, Revolving Loan, Student Loan.