In this article, we have the answer: Does Meijer accept WIC? It is a common question asked by the WIC benefits holder, and here we have the answer.
Meijer is generally considered one of the most well-known supermarket chains in the United States.
The company has earned a reputation among customers for providing a wide selection of fresh foods, even though it only has approximately 200+ outlets.
For its stellar reputation in the food retail sector, customers frequently inquire as to whether or not Meijer accepts the WIC. What I found out is as follows!
Does Meijer Accept WIC?
Yes, Meijer accepts WIC. All Meijer Stores accept payments through the WIC program. As a result, WIC recipients can use their monthly benefits in Meijer stores to redeem their benefits.
On the other hand, Meijer does not refund WIC-approved purchases and instead replaces them with identical items.
Does Meijer Accept WIC online?
No, WIC cannot be used as a form of payment at any of Meijer’s online stores. Meijer does not accept gift cards, EBT, WIC, or CashApp payments for online orders that need home delivery and pick-up at this time. This is by the policy of the firm.
At this time, Meijer’s online platform will only accept major credit and debit cards issued in the United States, including Visa and Mastercards that can be recharged.
If you are a customer of American Express, you are required to use the three-digit number located on the back of the card rather than the four-digit number located on the front of the card.
How to use The WIC Card at Meijer
If you are shopping for food items accepted by the WIC program, you can use your WIC card to purchase at any Meijer store as long as you purchase eligible products.
When you use your WIC card to make purchases at Meijer, the card will be processed at the register the same way a credit or debit card would be.
To begin, every one to three months, your WIC nutritionist will choose the foods included in your food package.
After that, the food benefits that your family is eligible for through WIC will be transferred straight into your WIC card.
Whenever you purchase a Meijer location, the number of eligible food products will be deducted from the total benefits.
The following is how to use the WIC card at the checkout counter:
1. Separate those products you can pay for using a WIC card and those you cannot.
2. If you have more than 40 WIC products, you will need to split them into two separate transactions.
3. Initiate the transaction with your WIC card and then swipe it when required.
4. Enter your four-digit PIN
5. Approve your WIC items; you will be asked to review a display screen or printed list of the WIC items you purchase before proceeding with the approval process.
6. Once you have verified that the displayed WIC goods are accurate, you may either hit “YES” to proceed with the transaction or press “NO” to cancel the transaction.
7. Keep the receipt for your purchase; it will show you how much of your WIC food benefit you still have left for the month, and it will come in helpful if any problems arise at your WIC office.
8. It is also important to keep in mind that you are not required to take advantage of all of the benefits during one single shopping trip.