Are you interested in how to open a Servus credit union account in Canada but don’t know how to do it?
This guide will show you how.
It is very easy and takes a short time to open an account.
First, we will show you the requirements to create a Servus credit union account.
What Is Required To Open A Servus Credit Union Account In Canada
Below are the basic requirements:
- You have to provide a valid Canadian passport or Canadian birth certificate, or a Canadian driver’s license.
- An ID issued by the government of Canada
- A provincial or territorial ID card
If you do not have two pieces of ID from the ones listed above, provide an ID from the following list:
- An employee ID card with your photo from a valid employer
- A student ID if you are studying
- A debit card or bank card with a name and your signature
- Canadian credit card with your name and signature
- A Canadian National Institute for the Blind client card with your photo and signature
These are the basic requirements to open an account at Servus credit union in Canada.
What Is The Minimum Amount to Open An Account
You may be wondering if there is a restriction on the amount you can use to open an account.
There is a limit.
You need to purchase common shares worth at least $1.00.
When you purchase shares, you become a member-owner at the credit union.
There is no maximum limit to the amount you can deposit in your Servus credit union account.
Now that you know the amount required to open an account, we will go ahead to show you exactly how to register an account in Canada.
How To Open A Servus Credit Union Account In Canada
You can open a Servus account either online or at any branch near you.
To open an account online, please follow the steps below:
- To open an account, you have to first open the registration portal on your device
- Next, click on the open account option
- After that, present all the documents required in their scanned copies
- Next, provide a physical address where you can be reached and a valid cell phone number.
- Next, establish your membership by stating the reason you qualify to be a member
- After that, you will be asked to make our initial deposit
- After that, you will receive a message from Servus credit union of your successful account opening.
This is precisely how to open a Servus credit union account in Canada.