The unauthorized fund withdrawal from your account or misplacing your FirstBank ATM card might contribute to the factors why you want to deactivate your FirstBank Nigeria ATM card.
So, in this simple article. we will guide you on how you can block your FirstBank Nigeria ATM card.
It will be in your interest to read till the end of this guide to help grasp every piece of information shared on blocking your FirstBank Nigeria ATM card.
Day in and out, fraudsters are on alert, ready to bounce on opportunities.
So it is always advisable to handle your ATM card with care, resist displaying your card details in public domains.
There are instances where you might misplace your ATM card.
When that happens, don’t hesitate to take the necessary action to block the card because anybody who lays their hand on your card will have a greater opportunity to withdraw from your account.
Due to errors, misfortune, and disasters that are bound to happen, FirstBank Nigeria has made provisions for vital steps that one can take to protect their funds and accounts from fraudsters.
If you’re prepared to know more about how you can block your FirstBank ATM card, then we shall proceed for more detailed information.
Do FirstBank Nigeria Allow Customers Block Their ATM Card
It is not a requirement to always visit a nearby FirstBank branch to block your ATM card because your problem might have risen on a non-working day of the financial institution.
Due to the circumstances surrounding the non-working days of the bank, the institution has provided customers with self-care procedures that customers can undertake even on non-working days of FirstBank Nigeria.
Why You Must Block Your FirstBank Nigeria ATM Card
Below are some of the main reasons why you must block your FirstBank ATM card:
1. Misplacing your ATM card
2. Noticing unauthorized fund withdrawal from your account
3. Displaying your card details in the public domain
Requirements To Block FirstBank Nigeria ATM Card
The list below is the requirements to make available to help undergo a successful ATM card blocking process:
1. Mobile phone
2. Active phone number (must be the number connected to your FirstBank account
3. FirstBank mobile app
4. Active internet connection
How Can I Block FirstBank Nigeria ATM Card
Below are some of the procedures to undertake to deactivate your FirstBank ATM card:
1. Blocking ATM cards using SMS
2. Blocking ATM card using FirstBank mobile app
3. Calling customer care center
4. Visiting any nearby FirstBank Nigeria branch
How To Block My FirstBank ATM Card Using SMS
Follow the step by step procedure to block your ATM card using SMS:
1. On your mobile phone, choose the “create new SMS” option
2. Make sure your SMS is sent through the phone number connected to your FirstBank Nigeria account
3. Then, on the create new SMS screen, Type “BLOCK.”
4. Send the typed message to the code 30012
5. Your FirstBank ATM card will be blocked and deprived of making payments and withdrawals within 24 hours
How To Block My FirstBank ATM Card Using Mobile App
Follow the procedure below to block your FirstBank Nigeria ATM card using FirstBank mobile app:
1. Open the FirstBank Nigeria mobile app on your smartphone
2. Choose the “Option” button
3. Select “Card Services” from the list provided
4. Select your card type
5. Then click on the “Hotlist Card” option
6. Follow the next command in your mobile app to complete your ATM card blocking process
Who Qualifies To Block Their FirstBank Nigeria ATM Card
FirstBank Nigeria has made ATM card blocking available to all its customers. So far as you can provide the necessary details that approve you to be the rightful owner of the card, then you qualify to block your FirstBank ATM card anytime and anywhere.
That is the information we can share on how you can block your FirstBank Nigeria ATM card.