In today’s guide, our center of attention will be on DBS Savings account requirements. I will entreat you to read through this article as it will expose you to the requirements for a savings account at the Development Bank of Singapore Limited.
Registering a savings account is important. However, you cannot forgo its requirements and open one.
This paints a picture of how essential savings account requirements are as they are the basic parameters for having one.
At Development Bank of Singapore Limited, you can open savings accounts once you satisfy the eligibility and requirements criteria.
This means that before you can have a savings account at any of the DBS branches, kindly find out what the DBS savings account requirements are first.
DBS Savings Account Requirements
Kindly refer below to the requirements for a DBS savings account:
- An original copy of a National Registration Identification Card (NRIC) as proof of identity
- Proof of Residential Address with any of the following documents; a current utility bill or mobile network service provider bill
- Provide a salary certificate or salary transfer letter as proof of income
- Fill out the account opening form with the appropriate information.
Applicants must note that, as it stands now, there is no minimum initial deposit for a DBS/POSB.
Development Bank Of Singapore Limited Savings Account Requirements For Non Residents
The following outlines the DBS savings account requirements for non-residents:
- Proof of identity: The applicant can submit a valid passport. For Malaysians, the front and back of their identification card.
- Proof of Residential Address; Any of these documents can be used; work permit, employment letter, or utility bill. Kindly note that the document should not be more than three months old.
- Submit either your Employment Pass or In Principal Approval (IPA) signed by the Ministry of Manpower as proof of employment
- Complete the application form
For Foreigner Students
- Provide an identification document such as a passport, or student ID
- Document to show proof of study in Singapore like; a matriculation card, school card, or acceptance letter
- Fill out the account application form.
- Residential address
Can You Open Savings Account Online
Yes, you can open a DBS savings account online. The bank has integrated all its savings accounts on its online platform to allow easy access to these accounts.
The requirements are the same for the online account application, just that it must be submitted in a soft copy format.
Kindly note that the requirement submission must be sent within three (3) days via the DBS official email at email@example.com.
For more information on DBS Savings account requirements, Kindly visit https://www.dbs.com.sg/personal/support/bank-account-opening-documents-required.html or call 18001111111
This is all that we have for you now.