Do you find yourself in an emergency state that requires you to deactivate your FirstBank ATM card?
Then, this guide will enlighten you with information that can help you block your FirstBank ATM card by SMS.
We then advise you to keep reading till the end of this guide to help apprehend every piece of information shared.
There’s always the need for one to take immediate action when they misplace their ATM cards.
The call for ATM card deactivation doesn’t only arise from misplacement of cards, but sometimes customers notice unauthorized transactions made with their cards.
This becomes possible when the card information is revealed to a third party, allowing the third party to make transactions with the card without the card owner being aware.
So, when situations of this kind arise, then customers must take the necessary steps to deactivate their cards to prevent any subsequent unauthorized transactions made with their cards.
But the question remains how one can block their FirstBank ATM card, and if you are ready to be enlightened more, let’s proceed further for some detailed discussion.
What Is My FirstBank ATM Card
Your FirstBank ATM card is the debit card issued to you by FirstBank as a package that comes with the FirstBank Nigeria account.
Customers can sometimes get a new card to replace a stolen or lost ATM card.
The new card you issue to replace your lost or stolen card becomes your new FirstBank ATM card.
Who Can Block My ATM Card
Every customer of FirstBank who possesses an active ATM card with an active bank account is given a chance to deactivate their FirstBank ATM cards.
Due to security reasons, FirstBank has given all the power to customers when it comes to deactivating their ATM cards.
So, there’s no instance where FirstBank will deprive a customer of the chance to block their ATM card.
The service serves as an emergency code to prevent a third party from performing an unauthorized transaction with a stolen or misplaced ATM card.
Requirements To Block Your FirstBank ATM Card By SMS
The lists below are the requirements that have to be provided to help block your FirstBank ATM card by SMS:
1. Mobile phone
2. Phone number (this must be the phone number connected to your FirstBank account)
How Can I Block My FirstBank ATM Card By SMS
Follow the step by step procedure below to block your FirstBank ATM card by SMS:
1. Ensure that the phone number connected to your FirstBank account is inserted into your mobile phone
2. Then go to the message segment of your phone
3. Click on create a new message
4. Type “BLOCK.”
5. At the recipient number field, type in “30012.”
6. Hit on the send button
7. Within few minutes after delivering your request, your FirstBank ATM card will be blocked
How Can I Use My FirstBank Cardless Withdrawal
Follow the procedure below to use your FirstBank cardless withdrawal:
1. Dial *894*Amount# on your mobile phone (you must be enrolled on the FirstBank USSD banking to use this service)
2. Enter your information and your mPIN to authenticate your PayCode request
3. Generate a one-time 4-digit PIN for your request
4. Create a new Personal Identification Number (PIN) and tap on the “Send” button
5. An SMS containing your PayCode will be sent to your phone number
6. Locate any nearest FirstBank Nigeria ATM
7. At the ATM, press the “Enter” button
8. On your new screen, select the “Cashless Withdrawal” option
9. Then, enter the “PayCode” received on your phone
10. Enter the amount to withdraw (must correspond with the amount typed when requesting for the PayCode)
11. Hit “Enter” on the ATM to withdraw your money
That is the information we can share with you on how you can block your FirstBank ATM card by SMS.