In today’s guide, we will show you how to register for Nationa Identity Number (NIN) and also how to check your NIN number using the USSD code.
This NIN number registration guide is for all Nigerians who have signed up for the NIMC and want to register for the NIN number.
For those who have already registered and want to check their NIN number, we have created an easy guide for you to use the USSD shortcode to check your number online.
How To Easily Register For National Identity Number (NIN) In Nigeria
If you want to register for NIN number in Nigeria, follow the steps below:
1. Go to the NIMC pre-enrolment portal here https://penrol.nimc.gov.ng/loginForm.tpl.html.php.
2. Enter your details to fill the form.
3. Please note that all mandatory fields are filled correctly.
4. After that, download the pre-enrolment form.
5. Please print the form before you can submit it.
6. After filling the NIN registration pre-enrolment form, you need to submit it to NIMC.
7. It would be best if you walked to the nearest NIN registration center.
8. Make sure you present all your supporting documents.
9. The NIMC officer will verify your NIN registration details.
10. After that, your biometric details will then be captured.
11. You will be given the NIN transaction ID slip afterward.
The time frame for the National Identification Number (NIN) is 2 to 3 working days.
Note that this will be done after your biometric details are captured.
Also, in certain instances, NIN issuance will take longer than the usual 2 to 3 days.
You need to note that the transaction ID should be kept safely.
That is very important and you need to take note of that.
Code To Link NIN Number On Airtel
There are two (2) main ways of linking your NIN details to your Airtel line for Airtel users.
You can visit the online portal at https://www.airtel.com.ng/nin and complete the process.
If you really want to use the USSD method, then the code to link your NIN number to your Airtel Nigeria line is *121*1#.
Follow the steps below to link your details:
- Open your phone dialer.
- Enter the Airtel Nigeria NIN linking code *121*1#.
- After that, enter 1 for “NIN Capture“.
- Press on the “Send” button.
- Enter your NIN number (11 digits) and press send.
Wait a few seconds to receive a successful message indicating that you have linked your NIN details to your Airtel line.
Code For Linking NIN On MTN
If you are an MTN user and want to link your National Identification Number to your line, then the USSD code to dial is *785#.
You must then follow the instructions on your phone to complete the linking process.
Also, you can directly link your MTN Nigeria line by dialing this code *785*Your NIN Number# and press send.
You can also visit the MTN online portal at https://mtnonline.com/nin to complete the registration.
Apart from the code, you can also link your NIN details to your MTN Nigeria line via the myMTN App.
You can get the App on Google PlayStore or the Apple Store.
USSD Code For Linking NIN On 9mobile
On 9mobile, the code to link your NIN details is *200*8#.
When you dial that shortcode on your 9mobile line, follow the instructions on the screen to link your National Identification Number details on the network.
You can also go to https://www.9mobile.com.ng/nin and link your details on their website.
That is, you can use the second option to register and link your details.
Code To Link Your NIN Number On Glo
The official USSD code to connect your National Identification details to your Glo line is *109#.
If you want to link your details, then follow the steps below:
Dial *109#Your NIN# on your Glo phone number.
For example, if your Glo phone number is 90143657235, then you can link that line to your NIN by dialing *109*90143657235#.
After that, press the send button on your phone.
How To Check Your NIN Using USSD Code (2021)
You can now check your National Identification Number (NIN) by dialing the USSD code on your phone.
The official USSD code to check your NIN number in Nigeria is *346#.
The USSD code was introduced because the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) gave a two (2) weeks deadline for all subscribers to provide a valid National Identification Number (NIN) to enable them to update their SIM registration.
It is interesting to note that this NIN USSD code is available for MTN, Glo, Airtel, and 9mobile customers.
See also: GT Bank Nigeria Transfer Code.
Can I Edit My NIMC Details
If you have challenges or obvious errors on your NIMC form and you want to edit, it is advisable to contact MIMC.
You can edit or make corrections, but it depends on the nature of corrections you wish to make.
This simple and easy Guide Was Last Updated on 17th January 2021 by thetransfercode
Please you need to visit this post “https://thetransfercode.com/register-national-identity-number-nin-ussd-code/” from time to time for updates and any changes that we may make to the guide.In the year 2021, we bring you the best of banking and money transfer experience.Here is the list of our latest guides, check them:
- How To Check BVN Details On Sterling Bank Nigeria – Get Bank Verification Number
- How To Check BVN On Airtel Nigeria – Get Bank Verification Details On Airtel
- How To Check BVN On Ecobank Nigeria – Get Bank Verification Number On Ecobank
- How To Register FirstBank Nigeria USSD Transfer Code – Steps To Sign-Up
- How To Check BVN On MTN Nigeria – Get Bank Verification (BVN) Details On MTN
- How to Register Heritage Bank Nigeria USSD Transfer Code – Follow This Guide
- Register & Link NIN To MTN, 9mobile, Glo, Airtel – Check NIN Number USSD Code
- How To Activate FCMB Nigeria USSD Transfer Code – Step-By-Step Guide
- How To Register Unity Bank Nigeria USSD Transfer Code – Simple Registration Guide
- How To Register Union Bank Nigeria USSD Transfer Code – Registration Guide