Many personal reasons contribute to why many customers want to deactivate their bank accounts.
Moreover, the procedures involved for this process to be successful is the challenge many people face, and that’s why we have dedicated this guide to enlighten our readers on how they can permanently close their FirstBank account.
So, we advise you to read until the end of this guide to help grasp every piece of information shared to assist you.
FirstBank never deprives any customer of their right to deactivate their bank account. Since the bank always puts customer’s interests as its priority.
Due to carelessness, unawareness, and other reasons, customers might reveal their bank account or card details to the public without knowing the risk involved.
Know that the key to your secured bank account is the account information and your card details and PIN.
So, always ensure that any information related to your bank account is kept safe and secured from third parties.
You don’t have to solely depend on third parties with your banking challenges, and you have to refrain from trusting people you meet in person or online, thinking they will help you solve your challenge.
If FirstBank is the financial institution you hold a bank account with, and whenever you face a challenge using their products and services, the right place to seek assistance is FirstBank.
FirstBank stands in a better position to assist and support you with accurate information that helps solve your challenge without putting your bank account in any form of danger.
Hence, if you’re ready to dive deep into more detailed information that can help you block someone from taking money from your FirstBank account, then let’s proceed further for a more vital discussion.
Table of Contents
Does FirstBank Allow Customer To Permanently Close Account
Yes, FirstBank Nigeria has given its customers the ultimate freedom to terminate their bank accounts at any time. That means that anytime you want your account to be closed thoroughly from their database, it will be done.
Also, except for severe issues that might involve fraud and others, FirstBank may not close our account without your permission.
How Do I Know My FirstBank Account Is Active
Below are the ways you can use to know if your FirstBank account is active or not:
1. Make a financial transaction with your bank account to check if it will be successful; when the transaction is successful, it means your account is active
2. Register for FirstBank mobile banking to check if it will be successful; when the registration comes out successful, then your account is active
3. Call FirstBank customer care and place a request to check if your account is active
4. Visit any nearby branch for assistance about the activeness of your bank account
How Do I Permanently Close My FirstBank Account
Follow the step by step guidelines below to permanently close your FirstBank account:
1. Write an application letter for the closure of your FirstBank account
2. Grab your bank account documents and a certified ID card (to prove your identity)
3. Visit any nearest branch of FirstBank Nigeria
4. Talk to the customer assistance representative at the bank premises about your purpose at the bank
5. You’ll be directed to the general manager’s office to deliver your request
6. Your request will be processed, and your account will permanently be closed, once your request has been reviewed and approved.
Can I Close My FirstBank Account Online
No, closing your FirstBank account can only be done at the banking premises. That means that if you want to terminate your FirstBank account you must visit the branch where you opened the account to fill a form and request closure of your account.
What Happens To My Blocked FirstBank Account
When your FirstBank account is blocked, the bank account becomes dormant until the necessary action is taken to reactivate it.
A blocked bank account is deprived of access to make financial and non-financial transactions.
A temporal block on your bank account gives you the chance to reactivate the bank account and use it for your financial transactions.
But permanently closing your bank account means deleting your account from the database of FirstBank and can never be reactivated unless you open a new bank account.