Do you want to open a GCB Savings account in Ghana? Kindly read this guide to know the things you need and more.
In this banking guide, I will provide you with all the necessary details on how you can open a GCB savings account.
GCB, being ranked as the largest bank in Ghana with 157 networked branches and 15 agencies in Ghana, positions it as the best bank to save with.
Start saving for yourself or your child’s future by registering for a GCB saving account.
Table of Contents
Requirements To Open GCB Savings Account
The GCB savings account can be opened by anyone providing the person meets the requirements.
To open a GCB savings account, you will need the following:
1. One passport-sized picture
2. Valid identification document. This can either be any of these, Voter ID, Passport, or Driver’s license
3. Proof of residential address
4. Proof of postal address
5. Initial minimum balance to be monitored at all times
6. For numbers 3 and 4 on the requirement list, you can provide any of the following: utility bill, tenancy agreement, or employer’s reference letter
7. Resident or work permit
How Do I Open A GCB Savings Account
Follow the steps outlined below to open a savings account with GCB:
1. Visit any Ghana Commercial Bank branch nearby
2. Request to open a savings account
3. You will be directed to the appropriate authority
4. Once there, make your intentions known to the official. The officials in charge of this operation are the customer service department.
5. All the requirements for opening a savings account will be spelled out to you.
6. You will be given the GCB Account Opening Form. It is usually an eleven file document, which you will be required to fill the portion assigned to you.
7. On the first page of the form, ask the official and tick the appropriate box allocated for the savings account
8. Continue filling the form, do not hesitate to ask questions if you have any difficulty with it
9. When you are done with the form, the customer service rep will enter all your details with the GCB system.
10. An account number will be generated for you, and you will be asked to pay an initial deposit into the savings account.
How Much Does It Cost To Open A Ghana Commercial Bank Savings Account
The only cost involved in the initial deposit you have to make into the savings account. This initial deposit starts from a minimum amount of Gh¢20.
Can I Open A GCB Account Online
Ghana Commercial Bank has an online platform through which people who want to open a savings account can use it. The registration process online does not differ from the one you undertake when you visit the bank.