Are you looking to open a bank account with Consolidated Bank of Ghana? If Yes, then you have laid hold on the right article. In this guide, you will be provided with how to open a bank account at any CBG branch in Ghana.
Financial security has become paramount in our world today with the fast rate at which every sector of the global management scheme is experiencing advancement.
In Ghana, the idea of opening a bank account is now finding an intrinsic part in the average Ghanaian setting.
Thanks to good and massive work by various institutions, opening a bank account has become a basic need for an average Ghanaian.
The Consolidated Bank of Ghana operates one hundred and fourteen branches in thirteen(13) out of the 16 regions in Ghana, hence finding a branch to register an account with them always comes with ease.
CBG bank account is available for Ghanaian citizens and non-citizens; however, for Non-Ghanaian citizens, you will require additional things to operate an account with any CBG branch in Ghana.
CBG Ghana has two (2) umbrella units under which all their accounts are grouped, including personal accounts and corporate accounts.
The CBG personal accounts refer to all the accounts that a single individual operates.
Whiles CBG corporate accounts are account types that more than one individual operates. These could be businesses, Churches, and other organizations.
With their wide range of bank accounts, there is always an account available for everyone at Consolidated Bank of Ghana.
Requirements To Open CBG Account In Ghana
The following are what you will need to open an account at CBG Ghana:
- A valid National ID card ( Any of these are okay, Voter’s ID, Ghana card, Passport, or Driver’s License )
- A student ID (If you are a student without any of the national IDs)
- Proof of postal address
- Fully completed account opening form
- Proof of residential address ( you can present a utility bill or location verification )
- Work permit ( For Foreign nationals )
- Minimum Initial Deposit
The above-listed things are the general requirements for any personal account at CBG. However, there may be extra requirements depending on the type of account.
Who Qualifies To Open Account With CBG
To qualify for a CBG account in Ghana, you need to meet the following:
- Should be 18 years or over
- Minors will have to be signed up by their guardians and charge ownership when the time is due.
- Should be Ghanaian ( Non-Ghanaians are registered to proof of work permit or residence)
Ways To Open Consolidated Bank Account In Ghana
Consolidated Bank of Ghana has more than one avenue through which you can register for a bank account with them. Below are the simple ways through which you can open a CBG bank account in Ghana:
- Visit the nearest CBG branch.
Visit The Nearest CBG Bank To Open Account
Below are the steps to open a CBG bank account in Ghana:
1. Visit any of their branches near you
2. Request to see the customer service Support unit from any CBG staff
3. Make known your intention of opening an account known to the customer care agent.
4. The account opening form will be given to you to fill.
5. Provide the appropriate Information to spaces designated for you
6. Submit the form to the customer care rep
Make payment for the initial minimum deposit. This amount varies depending on the account type.
How Do I Open Consolidated Bank of Ghana Account Online
Follow the steps below to open a CBG account online:
1. Turn on your smartphone mobile data/laptop’s internet connection
2. Open a web browser
3. Type in the URL space www.cbg.com.gh and search
4. This will open the official page of the Consolidated Bank of Ghana.
5. Navigate down the home page and click open an account
6. This will open a new window ( which is CBG smart account opening form )
7. Provide the appropriate Information in the spaces provided
8. Click on submit
9. An agent from CBG will call you and continue the rest of the process with you.
Requirements To Open CBG Business Account
Below are the requirements to open a corporate account at CBG in Ghana:
- Filled account opening form
- Specimen signature
- Certificate to commerce business and certificate of incorporation
- TIN registration number
- Two passport-sized photograph
- 1 identity of all signatories and directors
- Proof of address of all signatories and directors
- Two completed satisfactory reference forms.
- Copy of audited financial statement
- Resident permit for Non-Ghanaians
How Much Is Needed To Open CBG Bank Account
Depending on the account type, the initial deposit may vary. The minimum amount for an opening personal account is GHS20.00.The minimum amount for opening a corporate account is GHS200.00.
This simple and easy Banking and Finance Article Was Last Updated on 12th November 2021 by Editorial Staff
Please you must visit this article “https://thetransfercode.com/how-to-open-a-consolidated-bank-of-ghana-account/” for updates and any possible changes that we may make to this guide. In this month of May 2022, we have a lot of guides on banking and finance for you on this website. Read more.
In the year 2021 was awesome. In 2022, we are actually bringing you the very best of banking and money transfer experience. Just stay tuned for more How-To articles. You can come back for more banking and financial guides.
For the year 2022, we have a great deal of banking and financial guides that will help you make money transfers and other bank transactions very fast. It doesn’t matter where you are.
Here is the list of our latest articles, check them below:
- Truist Bank Payoff Address, Phone Number, Regular & Overnight Mailing Address
- Lexus Financial Services Torrance Lienholder Address 2022, Find Lienor Mailing Address
- Lexus Financial Lienholder Address 2022, Find Lienor Mailing Address
- Td Bank Mt Laurel Lienholder Address 2022, Find TD Mailing Address
- USAA Auto Loan Payoff Address, Phone Number, Regular & Overnight Mailing Address
- Servus Credit Union Clearview Branch, Alberta, Hours, Phone, Transit Number
- Servus Credit Union Capilano Branch, Alberta, Hours, Phone, Transit Number
- Servus Credit Union Callingwood Branch, Alberta, Hours, Phone, Transit Number
- Servus Credit Union Innisfail Branch, Alberta, Hours, Phone, Transit Number
- Servus Credit Union Delton Branch, Alberta, Hours, Phone, Transit Number