Is it in your interest to bank everywhere, anywhere, and anytime with FirstBank? Here is a quick guide with details on on how to register for FirstBank mobile banking.
Ensure to read till the end of this guide to help apprehend every piece of detailed information shared to guide you through registering for FirstBank mobile banking.
The fusing of technology into the banking sector in Nigeria has made banking easy, convenient, and flexible.
In recent times, you can stay at your home, office, or any place of interest and have access to your bank account, and more interestingly, make transactions without visiting the bank premises.
There might be instances where you will have to visit the nearby FirstBank Nigeria branch for assistance or perform a transaction.
Today, the most basic transactions we undertake in our daily lives are made available on our phones and can be accessed at any place of choice.
The chapters of this guide will reveal to our readers some vital information about FirstBank mobile banking, so let’s proceed.
Table of Contents
What Is FirstBank Mobile Banking
FirstBank mobile banking is the digital way of banking on your phone at any place of convenience. It is available to all Firstbank Nigeria customers and once you have signed up, you can send money, buy airtime, pay bills, check account balance, check statements, and more.
Types Of FirstBank Mobile Banking In Nigeria
There are several mobile banking made available to customers of FirstBank Nigeria, and they include:
1. FirstBank mobile app banking (FirstMobile)
2. FirstBank USSD banking
3. FirstBank Whatsapp chat banking
From the above-mentioned mobile banking of FirstBank, you can choose to perform transactions from your bank account from home and any other place of your choice.
FirstBank provides customers with many banking services, which has contributed to why many customers are developing an interest in banking from their phones in their comfort zones.
The quality services of FirstBank mobile banking have been able to lure over 3.7 customers to bank through the FirstBank mobile app, a product part of the institution’s mobile banking services.
Features Of FirstBank Nigeria Mobile Banking
The following are some of the features of FirstBank Nigeria mobile banking:
1. Transfer of funds for self and others
2. Account dashboard that reveals your incoming and outgoing transactions
3. Bill payment
4. Airtime and data purchase
5. Ticket booking
6. Account balance inquiry
7. Request for a new Debit card as a new customer or to replace misplaced or damaged cards
8. Confirm and cancel cheques
The above list is a combined feature of FirstBank Nigeria mobile banking services.
How Does FirstBank Mobile Banking Work
The FirstBank mobile banking services allow customers of First Bank Nigeria to perform transactions that were supposed to be done by visiting the bank premises back in the days from any place of convenience.
There are FirstBank Nigeria mobile banking services that can be operated only using the internet, such as mobile app banking and WhatsApp chat banking.
Some of these mobile banking offered by the First Bank Nigeria don’t require the internet to operate, all it requires is a GSM network, and you are good to start making transactions at any place of your choice. Such a mobile banking service is USSD banking.
Who Qualify To Register On FirstBank Mobile Banking
Every individual who wants to feel the services of FirstBank mobile banking must be an active account holder with the bank.
So, if you are a new user craving to bank anywhere and anytime with First Bank Nigeria, then you’ll have to create an account with the bank to qualify for the institution’s mobile banking services.
How Can I Register For FirstBank Mobile Banking
You can register for Firsbank Mobile Banking using any of the following:
1. Firstbank Nigeria USSD Transfer code
2. Firstbank Mobile App
4. Through WhatsApp
Requirements To Register On FirstBank Mobile Banking
The requirements to register for FirstBank mobile banking may differ depending on the kind of mobile banking product you choose.
Below are the requirements to be made available to register for FirstBank mobile banking:
⦁ FirstBank USSD Banking: mobile phone, First Bank Nigeria USSD code, active phone number (the number connected to your First Bank Nigeria account)
⦁ FirstBank Mobile App Banking: smartphone, internet connectivity, FirstBank mobile app, ATM card details
⦁ FirstBank WhatsApp Chat Banking: smartphone, WhatsApp (registered with your phone number connected to your bank account), FirstBank Whatsapp chat number
How To Register FirstBank Mobile Banking On Your Phone In Nigeria
How to register for Firstbank Mobile Banking on your phone in Nigeria:
Follow the procedures below to register for FirstBank mobile banking:
1. Dial *894*0# on your phone
2. Select your preferred debit from the list of debit cards connected to your account
3. Enter the four (4)-digit PIN of the debit card selected
4. Generate a 5-digit PIN, and your number is now activated on FirstBank USSD quick banking
How To Register Mobile Banking Using FirstBank Mobile App
1. Download the FirstBank Mobile App on your smartphone
2. After a successful download, launch the app on your smartphone
3. Click on the “register as a new customer” option
4. Enter your FirstBank debit card details
5. Click on the “Next” button
6. A one-time password (OTP) code will be sent to the phone that has been linked to your account
7. Enter the OTP code sent through your phone number
8. Create “mPIN,” a unique 5-digit code that you will be using when making transactions
9. Choose two (2) security questions and answer them. These questions will help you recover your account
10. Create a 4-digit PIN for authenticating and confirming your transactions to complete your registration process
How To Register Firstbank Mobile Banking On WhatsApp
1. Ensure that you download and register with the WhatsApp app with your phone number connected to your FirstBank Nigeria account
2. Add the FirstBank WhatsApp number 0812444400 to your phone contacts
3. Open WhatsApp and start a new chat with FirstBank by saying ‘Hi’ to start banking with FirstBank on WhatsApp
That is the information we can share on how you can register for FirstBank mobile banking.