Today’s guide has the purpose of educating our readers about the FirstBank diaspora banking.
So, we advise you to read till the end of this guide to help apprehend every piece of information shared about FirstBank and its diaspora banking.
The feeling is amazing when you live abroad but can operate your bank account back at home without any barriers.
Some years back, whenever one wants to travel abroad, they tend to close or deactivate their bank account since they won’t have access to the account in a different country.
But today, the narratives are changing with FirstBank Nigeria. The bank has introduced a diaspora account which is for Nigeria citizens living abroad.
The purpose of introducing diaspora banking is to provide Nigerians living abroad the feel of banking out of their home country.
This means one doesn’t have to worry about traveling and losing access to their bank account as it was some years ago.
One of the amazing features that come with this service is the account migration feature.
This feature allows you to convert your existing FirstBank account into a FirstBank diaspora account by filling a form and providing some documents.
That’s how convenient FirstBank Nigeria has made banking in Nigeria and all over the world.
As our discussion is getting more interesting, let’s proceed with more information about diaspora banking.
What Is FirstBank Diaspora Banking
The FirstBank diaspora banking is a way of banking with FirstBank designed for Nigerian citizens living abroad.
The diaspora account provides non-resident Nigerians with a platform to have safe, easy, and convenient access to a lot of products and services from FirstBank.
Diaspora banking gives Nigerians living abroad a sense of belonging home by closing the communication gap between customers and the bank.
FirstBank has a great team of experts who are always available to attend to your complaints and inquiries about diaspora banking.
What Is FirstBank Diaspora Banking Called
The name of FirstBank diaspora banking is “FirstDiaspora.” It represents a service made solely for Nigerians living abroad. That means that you can not sign up for the service if you reside in Nigeria.
So, always remember to use “FirstDiaspora” in your search and queries as it is more simple and easy to memorize.
Who Qualifies To Open FirstBank Diaspora Banking Account
The “FirstDiaspora” banking service is for the diasporas who once stayed in Nigeria.
This service is for Nigerian citizens currently living abroad, and it’s purposely designed to give you the banking experience back home.
Requirement To Open FirstBank Diaspora Account
Below are the documents required to be available to open your FirstBank diaspora banking account:
1. Duly filled diaspora banking account form
2. Duly filled E-mail indemnity form
3. Two (2) passport photographs
4. Valid proof of identification (Nigerian international passport, Nigeria driver’s license, Nigeria voters ID card, Foreign passport, Residence, or work permit)
5. Documents of your foreign address, which include; current utility bill not exceeding three (3) months, foreign bank statement, foreign driver’s license, purchase invoice or receipt, tenancy agreement/rent receipt
6. References from two (2) Nigerian bank current or corporate account holders
7. Bank Verification Number (BVN)
8. Attestation of the ID card and proof of address at any of these centers at your location; notary public/court/lawyer/solicitor, Nigerian embassy, consulate in your country, your foreign bankers, police station, government security agencies, commissioner of oaths, director of students affairs if you are a student, and First Bank staff that knows customers
How Can I Open FirstBank Diaspora Account
Below are the available options you can choose to open your FirstBank diaspora account:
1. Manual procedure, which is mandatory for every diaspora customer who wishes to open the “FirstDiaspora” account to provide the required forms
2. You can open the account through the FirstBank diaspora banking portal by clicking on this link https://openaccount.firstbanknigeria.com/firstinstant/
We have come to the end of our discussion, and we hope the information shared so far will be helpful to let you know more about the FirstBank diaspora banking.