Ever wondered who is the owner of GCB Bank? We have all the detail for you in this guide.
With the split in ownership in 1996 due to the economic recovery program, the Ghana Commercial Bank has since not been under the full ownership of the Government of Ghana.
In this guide, this and many questions like Who is the owner of GCB bank? It will be answered rightly.
But before we do, let me state that the Ghana Commercial Bank is not solely for Government, and it has other institutions and individuals registered with its space of ownership.
Table of Contents
Who Is The Owner Of GCB Bank
Currently, the Ghana Commercial Bank is owned by organizations and individuals, and there is no single person or organization which you can pinpoint as being the owner.
You can count about twenty-one (21) individuals and co-operate organizations involved in the Ghana Commercial Bank Limited Stock Ownership.
Below are details you need to know about the GCB bank ownership:
1. The Social Security And National Insurance Trust has an ownership percentage of 50.5%. This ranks SSNIT first when it comes to Ghana Commercial Bank stock ownership.
2. The Ministry of Finance and Economic Planning in Ghana was 21.36% of the stocking GCB bank in Ghana Commercial Bank Limited.
3. The SCGN/Northern Trust Global Services Ltd comes 6.7% of the stock in GCB.
4. Mr. Daniel Ofori owns 3.81% of the stock of Ghana Commercial Bank.
5. The remaining percentages are shared by individuals and other organizations in Ghana.
The above information gives you all you need to know about the ownership of Ghana Commercial Bank.
Is GCB Own By Foreigners
Foreign organizations own some percentage of the stock of Ghana Commercial Bank. Some of these foreign organizations include :
• PICTET And CIE Europe S.A LUX RE BLAKENEY, which owns 0.53% of GCB stock.
• CITIBANK London OP-African Fund, Non-UCITS which owns 0.68% of the stock total of Ghana Commercial Bank.
When Was GCB Established
The Ghana Commercial Bank Ltd (GCB) was established in 1953, and it was known at that time as the Bank of Gold Coast.
What Is The Full Meaning Of GCB
The full meaning of GCB is Ghana Commercial Bank. During its 19th Annual General Meeting, a proposal was made by its Board of Directors to change the bank’s name, which resulted in the name Ghana Commercial Bank Limited.
Is GCB The Largest Bank In Ghana
No, GCB was overthrown by ECObank as the largest bank in Ghana in 2012 when ECObank merged with the Trust bank.