If you would like to learn how to open an FNB South Africa Cheque account, this quick guide is for you.
FNB cheque account is one of the easiest accounts to manage with no banking limitations, access to credit, access the account anytime anywhere, among other features.
These, among other benefits associated with the FNB cheque account, make it an ideal account to open with First National Bank.
The bank has made it straightforward to open the account after you meet all the requirements and have the necessary documents.
Below I will share the documents you need to open the account and how to open the account in the comfort of your home.
Table of Contents
Documents needed to open FNB Cheque Account
The following are essential documents when opening an FNB cheque account:
1. Identity proof
If you are a South African residence, the bank will require you to present a South African ID book or ID card to prove your identity.
For foreigners, you have to present a work or study permit.
2. Proof of address
Another document required to open an FNB cheque account is to prove your current address.
You can use documents to prove, including a utility bill, electricity, banking statement, and telephone bill.
3. Proof of annual earning
The other necessary document is one proving your earning salary.
You can present your payslip, banking statement, or letter from your employer.
How to open FNB South Africa Cheque Account
If you have the above documents, you can open an FNB cheque account without visiting the bank.
Below is how to open an FNB South Africa cheque account online:
1. Visit the FNB banking website.
2. Select For Me.
3. Under Day to Day, choose Cheque Account.
4. Tap Apply Now.
5. Click ‘I don’t have Online Banking with FNB.’
6. You must enter your ID number.
7. Select Proceed.
8 Fill in all the required fields with correct details.
9 Select Continue.
10. Fill in details regarding your monthly financial commitments.
11. Select Accept.
12. Fill in details concerning fields to customize your account.
13. Select Continue.
14. Counter-check if the details you have entered are correct, and if not, click edit and then male changes where necessary.
15. Select Confirm.
16. Fill in the fields under Delivery details.
17. Read the account terms and conditions.
18. Click on Accept.
19. Read the FNB terms and conditions.
20. Tick the check box to agree.
21. Select Continue.
22. Fill in the appropriate and required fields on the Register for Online Banking page.
23. Accept the terms and conditions.
24. Select Register.
25. Upload all the prompted documents
26. You can choose to skip uploading them online by clicking Skip this step. However, the bank will require you to be present them at the nearest bank branch.
27. Fill in the required fields on the next page regarding if you want to switch to your salary
28. If you don’t like to switch your salary, click Skip this step.
29. Select Continue.
30. Tap Print to print the results page.
31. Click Finish to complete the process.
That is how to open FNB South Africa Cheque Account.