Do you want to close your FNB South Africa Business account and don’t know how to go about it?
Worry not, you have come to the right place, and here I’ll enlighten you on various ways on how to close an FNB business account without hassle.
Whether you want to open another type of FNB business account or would like to switch to another bank, it is prudent to close your earlier business account.
But before closing the account, there are a few requirements you need to meet.
Requirement before closing First National Bank business account
Many people do try to close their FNB business account while there is still payment ongoing, while others have bank balance or negative balance.
Even if you try, the bank will not close the account.
The bank deems it still active. It is simple to close a bank account but, here is the checklist of things first to do.
1. Payments linked to the account
After requesting FNB to close your business account, the process takes around one week.
However, there may be some delays in case a debit order comes through the account.
It will mean the account is in areas and delay the account cancellation process.
The solution to avoid such an occurrence is to cancel any debit payment linked to the account.
It may be a loan; insurance ensures you have to link the payment to another account before requesting account cancellation.
2. Cancel any automatic card payments linked to the account
If you have your business account debit card, before closing the account, cancel it.
The move is to ensure there is no unexpected card payment done like subscription renewal.
3. Withdraw or transfer balance on your account
FNB cannot close an account with either a positive or negative balance.
Hence, you ought to withdraw the balance or clear the debt in the account.
It doesn’t matter the amount; even it is R2.23 cents empty the account.
The negative balance usually arises after the monthly account fee applies.
How To Close FNB Business Account In South Africa
If you meet all the above requirements, here are the ways you can close your FNB business account.
1. Close FNB Business Account Via email
You can request FNB to help you close the business account by writing an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ensure the email has details on why you would like to close the account.
2. Close FNB Business Account Via call
You can also call the FNB call center and request to close the business account.
The FNB call center telephone number is 087-575-9404.
3. Using the FNB chat feature
You can also initiate FNB business account cancellation by visiting the FNB website and click the ‘Chat us’ button.
That is how to close FNB South Africa Business Account.
This simple and easy Banking and Finance Article Was Last Updated on 19th April 2022 by thetransfercode
Please you must visit this article “https://thetransfercode.com/how-to-close-fnb-business-account-in-south-africa/” for updates and any possible changes that we may make to this guide. In this month of July 2022, we have a lot of guides on banking and finance for you on this website. Read more.
The year 2021 was awesome. In 2022, we are actually bringing you the very best of banking and money transfer experience. Just stay tuned for more How-To articles. You can come back for more banking and financial guides.
For the year 2022, we have a great deal of banking and financial guides that will help you make money transfers and other bank transactions very fast. It doesn’t matter where you are.
Here is the list of our latest articles, check them below:
- Does jewel osco accept WIC, Yes, Please Get Full Details Below
- Peninsula Credit Union ATM Withdrawal Limit, Daily, Weekly, & Monthly
- Does el super accept WIC, Yes, Know How To Use It
- People’s Credit Union ATM Withdrawal Limit, Find The Daily Limit
- Does buy buy baby accept WIC, Yes, Buy Buy Baby Accepts WIC
- Preferred Credit Union ATM Withdrawal Limit, Know Your Limit
- Does QT accept WIC, Yes, QuickTrip Accepts WIC EBT
- Point Breeze Credit Union ATM Withdrawal Limit, Find Daily Limit
- Does Walgreens accept WIC, Yes, Read To Get Full Details
- Does Big Y accept WIC, Yes, Big Y Accepts WIC Benefits