Do you often interchange CalBank prepaid card with CalBank visa debit card, or are both the same thing?
Well, we will find out at the end of this article. In this article, you will be provided with all the needed information about CalBank prepaid cards.
Indeed, banking experience has taken a new twist since the inception of advanced technology into the banking platforms. With millions of customers already on the CalBank platform in Ghana, it has further expanded its reach to non-customers with the introduction CalBank prepaid cards.
The CalBank prepaid card is available to all, and it offers similar services to the one offered by other CalBank cards like making payments, withdrawing funds, and others.
With a prepaid card, you need not open an account before you can use it. However, if you are an account holder at CalBank in Ghana, it does not prevent you from going for one.
Funds are transferred on it by using any known electronic banking, mobile money banking, or depositing at any CalBank agent outlet.
The CalBank prepaid card usage is not only limited to the local market. It can be used on the international market.
What Is CalBank Prepaid Card
CalBank prepaid card is an electronic banking product that allows its holders to perform various financial services, such as paying for goods and services, making withdrawals, deposits, among the rest.
It offers an improved security mode of making financial transactions. All CalBank prepaid card has a unique PIN, which is only known to its customers.
Requirements To A Prepaid Card
The following are the requirements to get CalBank card:
- Apply for it at any CalBank branch
- Valid national identification document card
- Card issuance fee of GHS15.00
How To Get CalBank PrePaid Card
Below are the steps to follow to get CalBank prepaid card:
1. Go to any CalBank branch in Ghana
2. Request to get Prepaid card from the customer service agent
3. You will be given the card application form to fill.
4. Submit it when you are done
5. The agent will continue with the rest of the process for securing CalBank prepaid cards.
6. Pay the card issuance fee of GHS15.00.
How Much Does It Cost to Get CalBank Prepaid Card
CalBank prepaid card costs GHS15.00. This amount is paid before your card is handed over to you. This amount is not fixed. It can be changed depending on other factors.
Minimum Deposit For CalBank Prepaid
The minimum amount needed to make the CalBank prepaid card active is GHS100.00. Without this amount, your card is rendered non-operational.
Do CalBank Charge For Card Services
Yes, CalBank cards have service charges depending on the financial operation you are using them for. Those charges are deducted from your account balance.
This means if your existing account balance cannot cover your service charge, your operation will not be allowed.
CalBank Prepaid Card Charges
The following are the various charges for using prepaid card:
1. An annual maintenance fee of GHS48.00. This implies a monthly deduction of GHS4.00.
3. PIN re-issue fee of GHS3.00 if you forget your PIN
4. A fee of 3% of the withdrawal amount when you withdraw from an international ATM
5. Withdrawal from local ATMs attracts a fee of GHS250 and an additional 0.4% of the amount withdrawn.
6. A fixed charge of GHS1.00 when you withdraw from CalBank ATM.
7. GHS3.00 is charged when you use the local point of sale [POS]
8. International POS costs 3% of the purchased amount or amount being paid.
9. International E-Commerce purchase is charged 3% of the payment amount.
10. A fee of GHS 3.00 is allocated for local E-commerce purchases.
Validity Period For Prepaid Card
Most Calbank cards have a validity period of two  years from the date of issuance. Cards such as the shell card and others can be renewed when they reach their expiry date.
What Should I Do If I Lose My Prepaid Card
In cases of theft or loss of prepaid card, the cardholder should notify the appropriate authorities at the bank within 12hrs either by visiting the CalBank branch or calling CalBank care, or sending an email to customercare@CalBank.net.
This will help them to deactivate the card so that it cannot be used if it has fallen into the wrong hand.
You then apply for a new CalBank card at any of their branches in Ghana, paying an issuance fee of GHS15.00.
That is all we have for you in this guide.