Have you heard of the CalBank premium account before, or perhaps you may have seen its advertisement on billboards in town and wondered what it is about.
If this is your case, or you can relate with any other thing concerning it. Then this guide is what you need.
In this guide, we will serve you with all that you need to know about CalBank premium Account, from how to open one to the various benefit its account holders are privy to.
CalBank premium account enables your money to work efficiently for you and expand your interest horizon. It offers unique benefits of both savings and current accounts to all who register for it.
The account is available for individuals and businesses once you satisfy the requirements for registration, which has been detailed highlighted in the subsequent paragraphs.
With this type of account , customers are offered a maximum monthly withdrawal of three (3) with no charge.
However, any additional charge aside from the free withdrawal provision attracts charges. Also, cheques on this account can be issued at any CalBank branch as well as other banks in Ghana.
What Is CalBank Premium Account
This is a hybrid account available for both individual clients and businesses and offers them the distinct advantages of both savings and current accounts.
The account is one of the accounts type the merges the terms and conditions governing a savings account and current account.
As a result of its unique characteristics, it provides its account holders with attractive interest rates.
Benefits Of Premium Account
With a CalBank premium account, you are privy to a lot of benefits, including:
1. Access to free e-statements and e-alerts
2. Access to CalBank internet banking
3. Provision of preferred insurance solutions
4. Flexible in-person or third-party withdrawal
5. Issuance of cheque book
6. Access to E-zwich, CalBank mobile banking, and others
Who Can Open A Premium Account
You can open a premium account if:
- You are 18 years or over ( For individual or joint )
- The business should be registered at the registrar’s general department.
Requirements To Open The Account
Below are the things you need to open a premium account:
1. Valid National ID. e.g., Voter’s ID, SSNIT Card, Passport, Ghana Card
2. One passport-sized photograph ( it should be recent )
3. Proof of residential and postal address (e.g., utility bill, introduction by a current account holder of any bank, location verification )
4. A minimum initial deposit of GHS500.00
5. Residence permit/work permit ( For Non-Ghanaians )
How To Open CalBank Premium Account
To open a CalBank premium account, follow the steps below:
1. Visit any CalBank branch near you
2. Request to open a premium account at the customer service desk
3. Fill the account opening form, make sure to tick premium account for the account type option.
4. Do not hesitate to ask for assistance from the agent should any difficulty arise.
5. Submit the form to the customer care agent to proceed with the rest of the process
6. Make sure to make your initial minimum deposit to activate the account.
Minimum Initial Balance For Premium Account
GHS500.00 is the minimum initial balance to open a Calbank premium account. Without this amount, you cannot register for a premium account at any CalBank branch in Ghana.
Is There Interest Rate For Premium Account
Yes, there is a competitive interest rate for the premium account. Since this type of account is a product of savings and current accounts at CalBank.
The interest rate for this account is calculated, provided your account balance meets the minimum balance to earn interest.
The minimum account balance with which you can earn interest is GHS500.00. The interest rate averagely falls between 4.20% and 7.30%
What Is The Premium Interest Rate
The interest rate for the CalBank premium account is tiered. This means it is a factor of the amount in the account and the duration of the account.
Therefore, you can maximize your interest rate by depositing a greater amount of money.
Can Non-Ghanaians Open A Premium Account
Yes, the CalBank premium account is available for everyone. Non- Ghanaians need to provide their residence permit or work permit in addition to some of the general requirements already highlighted.
Are There Charges For Premium Account
Yes, the premium account has charges that are associated with it. Some of these charges may be from using e-banking products in correspondent to the account.
Most of these charges are deducted monthly directly from the account balance.